Re: [HACKERS] cidr

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Paul A Vixie <vixie(at)vix(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] cidr
Date: 1998-07-21 14:51:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Paul A Vixie wrote:
>
> > > I like INET too. It is up to you.
> >
> > How do folks feel about polymorphism between IPv4 and IPv6? Should we (a)
> > make it work (either by making internal_length=10 or going variable length)
> > or (b) just make this thing IPv4 only and take care of IPv6 separately/later?
>
> Not sure about b, but doesn't FreeBSD (at least) already support
> IPv6? If so, I imagine that Linux does too? How much "later" are we
> talking about here?
>
> I'm sorry, but the IPv4 vs IPv6 issue hasnt' been something I've
> followed much, so don't know the differences...:(

Why not two types, cidr and cidr6? There's more than one type of int,
float, etc...

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
than the federal government" -- Tony Snow