Accessing PgSql-Database from NT (ODBCD)

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Oliver Stegle <olli2(at)fr(dot)infra(dot)net>
Subject: Accessing PgSql-Database from NT (ODBCD)
Date: 1998-05-13 11:47:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

reforwarded to the proper one: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hello!

Last day I installed the Postgrest SQl-Database successful on my
LINUX-Server.
The Database runs fine, and all tests, which are included with the source
("/src/test") have possitive result.
The Access-List for the Postmaster has also been checked, that everybody in
the wan can access the SQl-Server via TCPIP
But it is still impossbile to get any connection from Windows NT to the
SQl-Server. the ODBC-Client returns: "Server 192.168.1.101 could not be
connected - No connection possible to port 5432"
I also checked, that the Postmaster Process is running on port 5432 and
localy on the mashine everything works fine(using psql)

What to do???
(how can I for instance with an second LINUX-Mashine check, that the
Postmaster is available from Remote??)

Thankyou in advance!

Oliver!