Re: ODBC 16 bit support

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Scott Tomer x6214 Austin <stomer(at)bmc(dot)com>, Gerhard Reithofer <gerhardr(at)tech-edv(dot)co(dot)at>
Subject: Re: ODBC 16 bit support
Date: 1998-04-18 18:09:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Now that said, on my own time over the weekend, I will look into what it
> would take to make the current driver support win3.1. But if it turns
> out that it would degrade the performance of the driver for 32bit or
> require major rework, I would probably have to say, it would be best to
> have 2 separate drivers.

And I've have to say a *definite* no here...the result of that
would be two different drivers, with different features available to
it...totally unacceptable.

That would be like taking our 32bit vs 64bit server and saying
that since nobody many ppl are using 64bit right now, we're going to get
rid of those features that are currently broken, instead of trying to
address them.

Quite frankly, this whole thread is starting to cause me to
reconsider my decision to move away from the old driver over to this new
driver... *sigh*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org