Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>, julie(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)
Date: 1998-04-17 02:12:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, David Hartwig wrote:

> Unfortunately, we do not have a Unix box at the office with a connection
> to the internet. :( We dial in from or PCs to get the source or to
> update our pages located at out ISP. I have a Linux box at home and
> have gotten CVSup up. It would be nice if we had update privileges for
> the ODBC stuff.. Is CVSup capable of granting update privileges to only
> one directory?

Unfortunately, no...or, more aptly, fortunately, no :) The best
method, at this time, of doing updates is to submit them as a patch to the
pgsql-patches list...

Julie, can I leave it in your hands to handle watching for and
committing patches from Byron? Call me crazy, but I like the thought of
having a "review" of patches going in...and I definitely don't know
Windoze stuff :( This will at least have a 'third party' reviewing
changes going in...

> Call me crazy, but our goal is to help make PostgreSQL a viable
> alternative in commercial applications. I hope we can be more of a help
> than a hindrance.

That's been our goal for the past...damn, almost 2 years now :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org