Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Scott Tomer x6214 Austin <stomer(at)bmc(dot)com>
Cc: byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com, julie(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)
Date: 1998-04-16 05:26:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Scott Tomer x6214 Austin wrote:

> Ok. Maybe it is just me; however, I have been a member of the PostODBC
> list for quite a while (recently moved to this list) and it sounds to me
> like there are two development efforts going on here!

No, only one...or, at least, that is what I'm *trying* to
accomplish...

> Those of us on this list in the PostODBC world (or at least me) would
> like to know what in the world is going on! It seems rather disjunct!

Following the discussions that are going on in here...the only
*official* ODBC driver for PostgreSQL is the one included with our
distribution...

> I am a developer, and more than happy to help; however, now I am
> completely confused. I know in the past there were some efforts by
> insight to add some funtionality to PostODBC; however, now it sound like
> Insight has taken over the development effort from Julie (Julia?).

No, actually, the ODBC driver is now falling under the whole
PostgreSQL project, with Insight acting as one (chief) aspect of the
development team, but anyone is still able to submit patches and
improvements for it...

> In general! What is going on?

We're working on bringing it all under one umbrella...the "ball",
so to say, is being carried by us so that it doesn't rely on any one
developer holding it up anymore...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org