Re: PgAccess small bug fix

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Simon Shapiro <shimon(at)simon-shapiro(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, freebsd-database(at)freebsd(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgAccess small bug fix
Date: 1998-03-30 02:01:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> On 30-Mar-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> ..
>
> > I don't touch the FreeBSD ports collection, mainly because I
> > haven't had time to figure it out :( The only CVS repository that I
> > update as far as PostgreSQL is concerned is the PostgreSQL one...
>
> The ports collection is actually very simple and very nice. took me all
> but one day to learn it. The .mk files driving it are a different story
> altogether :-)
>
> I will remember that. Thanx. Will pull it out soon.
>
> What implies from your note that it is in the cvsup server sort of
> contradicts the FreeBSd porter who states that pgacess, separate from
> postgresql, is frsher, newer, and better. If he is wrong (could be), then
> we might want to merge the two packages.

Nope...pgaccess is found at www.flex.ro/pgaccess(?) ... we have
it included, also, as part of our src/bin directory, but, for the release,
tha only contains the newest version *at the time of* release...

We update the CVSup server at www.postgresql.org periodically to
keep up with Constantin's work, but it doesn't get udpated in the
'release' distribution

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org