Re: [HACKERS] urgent: pgsql 6.3 FreeBSD port update trouble, --with-tcl doesn't work

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: andreas(at)FreeBSD(dot)ORG, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, ports(at)FreeBSD(dot)ORG, scrappy(at)FreeBSD(dot)ORG
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] urgent: pgsql 6.3 FreeBSD port update trouble, --with-tcl doesn't work
Date: 1998-03-22 18:26:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Please help, the FreeBSD port update to version 6.3 drives me to
> despair ;-)
>
> --with-tcl configure switch doesn't work to build libpgtcl
>
> I only get it to work if I set in the make environment
>
> USE_TCL=true

This has been fixed in the upcoming patch...I'm going to be bundling up a
postgresql-v6.3.1.tar.gz and postgresql-v6.3-v6.3.1.gz file this
afternoon...

> Another problem: on FreeBSD-current (and I think this is true on
> FreeBSD-2.2.x as well)

Odd, since my testing has always been done on FreeBSD-current, and
I've already done a couple of builds under FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE :(

But, looking at your patches for initdb.sh, I've applied them, as
I think that it provides a non-shell dependent solution, which I think is
cleaner...

I'm just about to do a build on my system, to make sure
everythingis okay before I bundle...but the new version should be up (and
announced) later this evening...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org