LDFLAGS and libstdc++ on osx10.3.1

From: Byron Amerson <byronea(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LDFLAGS and libstdc++ on osx10.3.1
Date: 2003-12-09 00:05:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks Tom, for your answer to my question about building on Solaris, I
found ar in a directory not in my path, and built GNU's implemtation as
well.

I now have a question regarding setting the environment variable LDFLAGS
and libstdc++ on osx10.3.1.

Postgis needs postgresql to be configured and built with
LDFLAGS=-libstdc++.
Things build fine but break when attempting to add postgis' goodies to a
database, complaining about postgis' shared libs. Evidently postgreql is
not linking againts mac's libstc++ which is static (libstdc++.a).

Is there a work around? Or an obvious solution? I built a fresh set of
libs using gcc source, and end up with shared(?)libs with .la extensions
-libtool stuff. Can I somehow use libtool to link the libs?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Byron Amerson
MS student
University of Washington