libpq.so

From: <ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq.so
Date: 2004-06-16 23:25:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

I suppose this is actually an OpenGroupware question, but nothing
at that site seems to adequately address the issue.

I run Debian, and it kind of looks like the debs at ogo.org are
set for stable and I run unstable. So, it really didn't surprise
me when I see errors about not being able to find libpq.so.2. The
libpq on my machine is libpq.so.3; it being more up to date.

The most verbose solution I've seen, is to "copy" libpq.so.3 to
libpq.so.2 so that ogo will find a libpq.so library. I would
guess a symbolic link would actually be better, but the question I
have is:
Do all of the functions common to libpq.so in version 2 and 3
have the same parameters?
If not, I think this suggestion is nonsense, and I might as well
just download source and compile it and give up on the debs at
ogo.

Thanks,
Gord