Issue while non-english character in userid and password

From: "Jadhav, Manadeep (BHGE)" <Manadeep(dot)Jadhav(at)bhge(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Periyaswamy, Balakrishnan (BHGE, Non-GE)" <balakrishnan(dot)periyaswamy(at)bhge(dot)com>, "Sabale, Sachin (BHGE)" <Sachin(dot)Sabale(at)bhge(dot)com>, "Kapoor, Chandan I (BHGE)" <chandan(dot)kapoor(at)bhge(dot)com>
Subject: Issue while non-english character in userid and password
Date: 2019-01-17 12:55:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Team,

We are using postgres server install on windows 7 32 bit machine in Spanish and for database username and password we have used non-English character í, with this userid and password we are able to connect the database but when we try to run the backup for same db using pg_dump utility it fails saying error as "password authentication failed". Please let us know how can we handle this issue.

Regards
Manadeep