Error message on pg_dumpall

From: "Dan Harrington" <dan(at)tudan(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error message on pg_dumpall
Date: 2001-03-02 23:12:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
What does this error mean? I'm trying to make a backup of all my databases
and then this
error comes up.

Thanks
Dan

======

bash# pg_dumpall -o >/tmp/db.out
NOTICE: Unrecognized variable client_encoding
NOTICE: Unrecognized variable client_encoding
NOTICE: Unrecognized variable client_encoding
NOTICE: Unrecognized variable client_encoding
/usr/bin/pg_dumpall: createdb: command not found
NOTICE: Unrecognized variable client_encoding
getInherits(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 'ERROR: Attribute
'inhrel' not found
'.
pg_dump failed on goodsalt, exiting