Re: extremely slow when execute select/delete for certain tables

From: kah_hang_ang(at)toray(dot)com(dot)my
To: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: extremely slow when execute select/delete for certain tables
Date: 2006-05-09 01:39:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

Actually now I already work to upgrade Postgresql version to 8.1 but not
yet finish.

Yesterday I did re-create the affected tables indices, it does improve the
performance but still need 2-5 mins to execute the query.
Is this 'normal' for a table with 40K rows of records?

Anyway thanks for your help.