From: "Steve Kirby" <sfkirby(at)arl(dot)army(dot)mil>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2002-06-13 17:04:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,
This is a follow-up to something I asked about last night. As I said, this is the error below - I am trying to do a lo_import through JSP and
get this error:

ERROR: You must have Postgres superuser privilege to use server-side
lo_import(). Anyone can use the client-side lo_import() provided by libpq.

From Bruce Momjian's book I find this:

Because large objects use the local filesystem, users connecting over a network cannot use lo_import or lo_export().
They can, however, use psql's \lo_import and \lo_export commands.

It is hard to see how to use psql's \lo_import via JSP.

So my question is: if I want to store a blob like a jpeg in a postgresql database, are there any alternatives to lo_import? TIA

Steve

  • Re: at 2002-06-13 17:10:46 from Dave Cramer