composite data type question

From: Jessica M Salmon <jmsalmon(at)fs(dot)fed(dot)us>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: composite data type question
Date: 2006-06-06 17:40:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all.

I am brand new to creating my own data types in postgres. I first created a
type called "indices", containing two integers. Now, I want to create
another type, called "progress", which should contain one timestamp and an
array of "indices". However, I cannot figure out how to get postgres to
recognize the array of my home-brewed composite data type as a valid data
type. Can I just insert a new element into the pg_type table, for a type
called "_indices"?

Any hints or advice greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Meghan