Re: How to remove old pg RPMs?

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: josh(at)trutwins(dot)homeip(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to remove old pg RPMs?
Date: 2003-02-17 19:32:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank you!

"Josh Trutwin"
<josh(at)trutwins(dot)homeip(dot)n To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
et> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: [NOVICE] How to remove old pg RPMs?
pgsql-novice-owner(at)post
gresql.org

02/17/2003 08:50 AM

> I'm not very well versed in Linux command line. How do I remove Pg
> 7.2.2 that I installed via RH 8 RPMs so that I can install Pg 7.3.2? I
> tried installing using rpm -Uvh, believing I could just update.
> However, I got all sorts of error messages. I figured I would try
> uninstalling the old version first.

try:

rpm -qa | grep -i postgres

This will list all the postgres RPM's installed on your system.

Then to uninstall:

rpm -e whatever.rpm

(replacing whatever.rpm with the files from the previous cmd, you can list
multiple RPM files)

I usually install from source, so I'm not sure if anything on your system
depends on Postgres being installed...

Josh