Re: In or Exists?

From: Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, <pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: In or Exists?
Date: 2006-02-15 15:36:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I know I know I too behind!
But for this moment my project manager wants to stay with this version...

There is lot specific developpement around this version ... it not easy to
change the version...

I asked to my project manager : we must upgrade !! he answser me.. not for
this moment!

so!!.... :-(

thank a lot for your answer!

Fabrice

Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Envoyé par : pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
15/02/2006 17:19

Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com
cc

Objet
Re: [JDBC] In or Exists?

O Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com έγραψε στις Feb 15, 2006 :

> Thank for your answer!
>
> I use 7.3. I think it the same between 7.4 and 7.3?

No in 7.3 exists wins.
Why are you so behind?

> Fabrice
>

> Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
> EnvoyΓ© par : pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> 15/02/2006 16:57

> Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com
> cc
> pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, <pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> Objet
> Re: [JDBC] In or Exists?
>

> O Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com έγραψΡ στις Feb 15, 2006 :
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > According to you, What it better to use, the IN or EXISTS predicat?
> >
> > I saw on internet it's better to use EXITS . but I would like to have
> > another point of view..
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Prior to 7.4 IN was a looser,
> in 7.4 IN sometimes is by far a clear winner,
> i dunno in 8.*
>

> > Fabrice

> > About Devoteam:
> >
> > Devoteam is an IT consulting group.
> > Combining consulting and technology solutions offers enables
> > Devoteam to provide its customers with independent advice and
> > effective solutions to align their information system's technical
> > infrastructure with their operational objectives.
> > The group achieved a turnover of 199 million euros in 2005
> > an operating margin of 7% and counts 2,100 employees through
> > 12 European countries and the Middle East.
> > Listed on the Euronext Paris Nouveau Marche and part of the
Nexteconomy,
> > IT CAC, IT CAC 50, SBF 250 index of Euronext Paris.
> > www.devoteam.com

-Achilleus