Coming from Oracle SQL

From: Veronica L Bounmixay <Veronica(dot)Bounmixay(at)inl(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Coming from Oracle SQL
Date: 2005-04-19 15:37:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a dumb question to ask - as I'm certain all of my future ones will
be as well. I am coming from the Oracle SQL PL/SQL side of things and
trying to get wrapped around PostgreSQL. I used to find tables in Oracle
by using the following query and hoped to find a replacement. Better
would be someplace to reference these sorts of "key" tables, etc that keep
track of the indexes, tables, columns and more.

select distinct table_name from all_tables;

Thank you for the help - you will never know how appreciated it is!
Ronni