Re: pg_hba.conf

From: Piotr Kublicki <Piotr(dot)Kublicki(at)iop(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf
Date: 2010-04-29 07:36:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I had a similar problem: older versions of Postgres have IP addressing in
one column and subnetting/mask in the next one. 8.4 uses CIDR expression in
one column - applying CIDR notation solved my problem. I think it's
advisable to manually correct the pg_hba.conf file instead of replacing it
with the old configuration file from the older version of Postgres.

Cheers, Pete