Re: Is there any problem with pg_notify and memory consumption?

From: Per-Olov Esgard <Per-Olov(dot)Esgard(at)micronic-mydata(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there any problem with pg_notify and memory consumption?
Date: 2011-05-30 05:52:26
Lists: pgsql-general

The patch seemed to work for me too.

Thanks.

Regards, Per-Olov Esgård

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Per-Olov Esgard <Per-Olov(dot)Esgard(at)micronic-mydata(dot)com>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 05/27/2011 06:19 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Is there any problem with pg_notify and
memory consumption?

I wrote:
> I think the right fix is to make sure that ProcessCompletedNotifies
> saves and restores the call-time CurrentMemoryContext.

The patch committed here appears to fix it for me:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=722548e4309c28631ada292fe6cad04ae8f9c151

regards, tom lane

The information contained in this communication and any attachments may be
confidential and privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
formally notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution of this message is prohibited. Please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments. Micronic Mydata is neither liable for the
proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.