Will This Work?

From: Gene Poole <gene(dot)poole(at)macys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jpdsys2(at)comcast(dot)net, etpoole60(at)comcast(dot)net, jpdsys7(at)comcast(dot)net, etpoole64(at)gmail(dot)com, etpoole6465(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Will This Work?
Date: 2013-09-11 21:10:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

When I create a Oracle 11gR2 database we initially use the netca and dbca
utilities to create the basic database files and network connections.
Afterwards we run a bash script to create the application database detail
files. We use this bash script to define certain files on specific raid-1
file systems.
How would we do this using PostgreSQL? What is the version of PostgreSQL
you would suggest running on RHEL 5.9 x86_64? If I wanted to move from
Oracle to PostgreSQL is it possible to use a Oracle export DMP file to
load the PostgreSQL database?

Thanks,
Gene Poole