formatting timestamptz for more precision?

From: Christopher(dot)Becker(at)apcc(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: formatting timestamptz for more precision?
Date: 2004-06-21 20:24:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

From what I've read, Postgres stores plenty of precision to contain
milliseconds. My question is, how do I see the milliseconds? Just doing a
select on a timestamptz column just gives me hh:mm:ss... but i'm looking
for something more like hh:mm:ss.ms. Is there someway to do a format
within the select so that I can see the miliseconds as well as the rest of
the time?

--Chris