is there a way to sets DBI char encoding?

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: is there a way to sets DBI char encoding?
Date: 2003-03-11 22:31:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Pulling data from Pg 7.3.2 via PERL DBI. For some reason, when I pull a
char field with an apostrophe, I get a strange character in place of the
apostrophe. So the sentence: Elizabeth Arden Good Night's Sleep Cream
looks like: Elizabeth Arden Good Night~Rs Sleep Cream

My database encoding is set as LATIN1. Is there a way to do this in the
DBI? I assume this is cause of my problem. If I pull the same data in
PgAdminII, it looks correct
TIA

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com