error loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3
Date: 2003-11-22 20:20:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Doing an upgrade on RH 8 box from 7.3.4 to 7.4 from source. The
installation appeared go smoothly. I tried to reinstall my database using
psql -d someda -f data.file and I get the error message:
error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory exists.
However, if I do a find for this file, I find it in my PG directory:
/usr/local/postgresql7.4/lib

I'm not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?
TIA

Patrick Hatcher