Small suggested changes to draft of PostgreSQL 9.2 beta announcement

From: Bob(dot)Hetrick(at)Bull(dot)com
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Small suggested changes to draft of PostgreSQL 9.2 beta announcement
Date: 2012-05-07 18:48:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

A couple of small wording revisions and spelling corrections, but no
change to the message, so Simon's comments could equally apply to this
version. I surrounded the areas I changed with "<" and ">" characters.

=========================

The PostgreSQL Global Development Group announces the beta release of
PostgreSQL 9.2, the next release of the world's most advanced relational
database system. Version 9.2 will include major improvements in
performance,<and both> vertical and horizontal scalability. The
PostgreSQL project asks all users to download and begin testing PostgreSQL
9.2 beta as soon as possible.

Major performance and scalability advances ready to be tested in this
version include:

* Index-only scans, allowing users to avoid expensive scans of
slow-changing base tables
* <Dramatically> improved read-only workload scaling to 64 cores and over
300,000 queries per second
* Cascading replication, supporting rapid failover and geographically
distributed standby databases

PostgreSQL 9.2 will also offer many new features for application
developers, including:

* JSON data support, permitting building hybrid document-relational
databases
* Range types, supporting new types of calendar, time-series and analytic
applications
* Multiple <improvements> to make database migrations easier

For a full listing of the ready-to-test features in version 9.2 beta,
please see the release notes [LINK].

We depend on our community to test the next <version> in order to
guarantee that it is <highly performant> and bug-free. Please download
PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta and try it with your workloads and applications as
soon as you can, and give feedback to the PostgreSQL developers. More
information on how to test and report issues in PostgreSQL is here [LINK].

PostgreSQL 9.2 beta, including binaries and installers for multiple
platforms, <can be obtained> from our download page [LINK]. Full
documentation of the new version is available online [LINK] and installs
with PostgreSQL.

=========================

Robert J. (Bob) Hetrick
Senior Sales Engineer
Bull Information Technology Solutions

Bull, Architect of an Open World [TM]
Phone: 1.602.862.4417 FAX: 1.602.862.4288 Cell 602.980.2031
www.bull.com/us www.postgresqlmigratons.com

This email contains material that is confidential and for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance, or distribution by others
or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.