Re: pgadmin 1.4 not remembering password

From: Mitch S McKenzie <mmckenzie(at)unmc(dot)edu>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: cadiolis(at)gmail(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin 1.4 not remembering password
Date: 2005-12-05 18:02:38
Lists: pgadmin-support

That's how it's suppose to work??? Throwing and error???

hrmmmm......

So it's only suppose to save your password for the duration you have the
application open?

So if I never close pgAdmin then I don't have to supply my password again.

Definitely not a feature I will be using ; )

Thanks Andreas.

Mitch McKenzie
Programmer/Analyst
Learning Environment & Internet Services
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Phone: 402-559-9306
Cell Phone: 402-708-1493

University of Nebraska Medical Center E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer :
The information in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above.
Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake please delete it and
immediately contact the sender.

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
12/05/2005 11:29 AM

Mitch S McKenzie <mmckenzie(at)unmc(dot)edu>
cc
cadiolis(at)gmail(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
Re: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin 1.4 not remembering password

Mitch S McKenzie wrote:

> To reproduce the problem:
>
> 1. Open pgAdmin
> 2. Double click on server to connect to. On the "Connect to Server"
> dialogue box check "Store Password" and enter your password.
> 3. Close pgAdmin.
> 4. Reopen pgAdmin and try to connect to the same server. You will be
> the following error: "Error connecting to the server: fe_sendauth: no
> password supplied"

That's how it is supposed to work (and how it does work for me) if you
press OK (and thus actually connect) to the server as step 2.1. If you
don't, and just abort the dialog, you can't expect pgAdmin to do
anything...

Regards,
Andreas