Re: Execution from java - slow

From: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Execution from java - slow
Date: 2012-09-03 08:35:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

> Yeah. well, hm. Is the function returning a whole bunch of data?
> Also, try confirming the slow runtime from the server's point of view;
> log_min_duration_statement is a good setting for that.

I did try those options. In the end, removing an order by (it was not
necessary) from the SELECT solved the problem. But why the behavior was
different when executed from psql and java is still a mystery.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."