Performance hit for turning on collectors?

From: "CHRIS HOOVER" <CHRIS(dot)HOOVER(at)companiongroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performance hit for turning on collectors?
Date: 2004-04-09 17:30:00
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm running several 7.3.4 database servers and would like to turn on all of
the statistic collectors to help with tuning.  However, I  don't have an idea
of what sort of performance impact doing this would have.

Does anyone have any rough numbers or documentation links that discuss the
performance impact of turning on the collectors?

Thanks,

Chris

pgsql-admin by date