Development Schedule Page

From: "Simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Development Schedule Page
Date: 2004-08-13 23:13:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Please could we have a development schedule page on the web site...?

The information it should contain would be like this (and others)

Current Development Release: (Coordinator: Bruce Momjian)
8.0: Beta1, released 2 August 2004
Beta2, deadline 2 September 2004
Doc Freeze, deadline 12 September 2004
Release, planned 2 October 2004

Stable Releases: (Coordinator: Bruce Momjian)
7.4 Stable: 7.4.3, released XYZ
Security advisory(s) exist for 7.4.1
7.3 Stable: 7.3.6, released XYZ
Security advisory(s) exist for 7.3.5 and below

Previous Releases: (No Coordinator)
7.2 Stable: 7.2.4, released XYZ
Advice: Upgrade now to 7.4 stable
7.1 Stable: 7.1.3, released XYZ
Advice: Upgrade now to 7.4 stable

Next Release: (Coordinator: Bruce Momjian)
8.1 Beta Freeze, deadline 1 June 2005

Once we have the page, we can start to discuss the details on it.

I remain mostly in the dark about how many beta phases there will be what
their deadlines are etc.

If we know this, its easy to write down, surely?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs