Re: Possible pl/pgsql bug

From: "Peter Darley" <pdarley(at)kinesis-cem(dot)com>
To: "Jan Wieck" <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Possible pl/pgsql bug
Date: 2002-04-23 08:35:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Jan,
I find it very useful to have tables that are basically identical except
for one field that holds a different type of data. It allows me to automate
a lot of stuff in my application and not have to tell it weather it is going
to get back Boolean, text, date, interval etc. data. Similarly it would be
nice to have as few objects in the db as possible, just so it's easier to
understand and manage.

Anyway, I take it that this is not a bug and I'll create separate trigger
functions for each of my tables. :)

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Peter Darley