Re: Possible pl/pgsql bug

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Peter Darley <pdarley(at)kinesis-cem(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Possible pl/pgsql bug
Date: 2002-04-22 20:23:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter Darley wrote:
> Friends,
> I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it does seem a bit weird.
>
> When I have a pl/pgsql trigger function it seems to cache the data types of

Indeed, it does.

While it sometimes does make sense to use one and the same
function for multiple triggers, I don't see it in this case.

And IMHO it's a bit bogus anyway if attributes with different
meaning and datatype in two tables have the same name. Could
be irritating at least.

I suggest writing separate trigger functions.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #