Seeking advice on getting started with PHP & PG in Debian

From: "Nick Fankhauser - Doxpop" <nickf(at)doxpop(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Seeking advice on getting started with PHP & PG in Debian
Date: 2003-04-11 21:04:03
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi-

I've been using postgresql via JDBC for some time, and now I'm interested in
learning what PHP can do for me. I've got a database ready to go, but I'm
not sure what components I'll need to get in order to set up PHP & connect
it to PGSQL.

My Platform is Debian Linux (Woody) & the database resides on another
machine & accepts IP connections.

It looks like PHP3 & PHP4 are available in Debian packages, but there are
quite a few components to choose from. If anyone else out there is running
on Debian, I'd appreciate some advice about which packages I should install
to get started and whether PHP3 or PHP4 is the wiser choice.

Thanks.
-Nick

Nick Fankhauser

nickf(at)doxpop(dot)com Phone 1.765.965.7363 Fax 1.765.962.9788
doxpop - Court records at your fingertips - http://www.doxpop.com/