Re: Data partitioning

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Ravindra Wankar" <rwankar(at)iname(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data partitioning
Date: 2001-12-20 13:16:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

I don't know what your application looks like, but we're handling a similar
situation by using several databases in a single cluster. In our case, the
apps are JDBC-based, so it is possible to open a connection pool to each
database & easily point the same application code at different sources. This
does *not* allow queries across the databases, but *does* allow us to use a
single instance of the application to serve up data from different databases
depending on who is asking for it. Would this address your needs?

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/