Re: lo_close: invalid large obj descriptor (0)

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "covadonga rodriguez" <cova2301(at)yahoo(dot)es>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: lo_close: invalid large obj descriptor (0)
Date: 2002-05-16 12:43:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi-

I'm pretty sure that the connection problems are the source of the large
object descriptor error, not the other way around.

Essentially, these messages tell you that the backend lost communication
with the client unexpectedly. (I'm assuming JDBC client.) One of the common
sources of this problem that other folks have encountered is the presence of
firewall or other network security software that allows the initial
connection to be negotiated and then stops subsequent packets.

-Nick
Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/