RE: Patch to improve commit time performance and a few other things

From: "Joe Shevland" <shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Barry Lind" <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Patch to improve commit time performance and a few other things
Date: 2001-08-02 04:36:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-patches

Great stuff, be keen to see how it affects some apps I've written with blob's (all blob stuff is wrapped in the commit block).

Just thinking about it (and too lazy to go and check :P), do we have a regression test setup for the JDBC stuff so changes like #3 mentioned can be verified easily (ie compilation against the different JDK's)? Maybe a test environment set up on the main server where people do the cvs commits, as I assume this means they have a shell account as well.

Cheers,
Joe