Question about pgaccess

From: "Rich(dot)Martin" <Rich(dot)Martin(at)wcom(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Question about pgaccess
Date: 2000-10-25 19:37:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello,
Ok, I'll admit it I'm a newbee. However, I can't find an answer to this
problem in the documentation anywhere.

I'm running Red Hat linux 6.1 and have my PostgreSQL server going (and I
have -i variable set), and pgaccess starts up fine. I've created several
users and databases in postgress, but when I go to open them in pgaccess I
get the following message:

	Error trying to connect to database 'dbname' on host localhost

	PostgreSQL error message: Connection to 'database' failed FATAL 1: Database
'dbname' does not exist in pg_database"

So, I hunted down the file pg_database in the /var/lib/pgsql/ directory and
opened it. The only thing in it is a $. How do I get PostgreSQL to write to
that file, if it should? It was the only one with that name on the system.

The only thing I could think that might be wrong would be the path (Plus I
never did find a file called .login in my home directory).

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rich

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Clark, JoelDate: 2000-10-25 19:40:48