Database security

From: "Tamsin" <tg_mail(at)bryncadfan(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database security
Date: 2000-09-05 10:15:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've been reading about pg_hba.conf, and just want to check that I
understand...
Is it possible to do something so that if I log on to my Linux box I can get
into the database without a password ("psql testdb"), but if I'm logged on
to linux as someone else, and try "psql testdb postgres", a password must be
supplied. I couldn't see a way of doing this?
Thanks
Tamsin