Error installing on Windows

From: "David Leangen" <david(dot)leangen(at)konova(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error installing on Windows
Date: 2004-09-04 05:09:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Here are the steps I am taking during the install of
postgresql-8.0-beta1-20040809.msi:

Screen 1 (warning):

next

Screen 2 (license)

next

Screen 3 (options)

leave default
next

Screen 4 (service config)

Service ID: pgsql-8.0-beta1
Service Name: PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0-beta1
Account name: postgres
Account password: pg
Verify password: pg

next

Screen 5 (Initialise database cluster)

Locale : English
Encoding: Unicode
Superuser name: postgres
Password: postgres
Password: postgres

next

Screen 6 (enable procedural languages)

PL/pgsql

next

Screen 7 (ready to install)

next

Screen 8

Runs for about 0.1 secs, then:

Fatal Error: Installation ended prematurely because of an error.

My machine is running Japanese Windows XP.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

David