JDBC with SSL for postgresql

From: "Rich Elwyn" <relwyn(at)charter(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC with SSL for postgresql
Date: 2002-05-20 17:23:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there an implemented JDBC that supports SSL? How are you testing the SSL
patches to postgresql server?

There is a posting
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2002-02/msg00139.php) that
discusses how to add SSL sockets to the current JDBC source code. We at
nuBridges http://www.nubridges.com/ did something similar for Apache SOAP
and would rather not do it again for postgresql JDBC.

I've read Bear's various postings about SSL patches to the postgresql server
(e.g. http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-05/msg00793.php on
5-20-02). It's not clear when there will be a stable version of postgresql
with SSL support. Any clues?

thanks,
Rich Elwyn