FW: hello

From: "James Morris" <j(dot)morris(at)churchnet(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: hello
Date: 2000-05-26 21:11:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

-----Original Message-----
From: James Morris [mailto:j(dot)morris(at)churchnet(dot)org(dot)uk]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 9:35 AM
To: wyrd
Subject: RE: [NOVICE] hello

> > There are many ways to do it. I use postgres with perl and CGI.
> > Works great.
> >

> You can also use Python or Java quite effectively. You have
> several options, Javier.

This is the thing that most people forget about CGI. It doesn't necessarily have to be
done in perl, any language can be used. I know several people who code all their CGI
stuff in C, but a great many web d()()ds, including myself, use perl for one good reason:
It's so damn easy to do anything with a bit of text. Manipulation of input and output,
and adding HTML tags easily is quite important for a web front-end if you ask me. And
multi-level hashes kick butt :¬)

You can write a faster C program, but you can write a perl script faster

Am I off topic yet? :¬)

James