pg_hba.conf question

From: "Graham Vickrage" <graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com>
To: "Postgres Admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_hba.conf question
Date: 2001-01-29 11:10:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am trying to run an insert script via a contrab job on linux. I am having
problems figuring out the security. What I need is for the local setting to
allow a connection as the same unix user I am logged in as i.e. postgres.

I noticed that you can't use the 'ident sameuser' with local unix sockets,
what is the method of getting round this as I cant use trust for this
database?

Thanks

Graham

Attachment Content-Type Size