RE: Case sensitivity

From: "Robert Hurst" <r_hurst(at)butler(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Jean-Michel POURE" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Subject: RE: Case sensitivity
Date: 2001-05-14 12:35:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Oh, I must not have been too clear in the problem/solution I was seeking.
First, I did not know about the ILIKE conditional, thanks. But, I was not
looking for case insensitivity with literals.

select * from logins where "Logins"."Login"='rhurst'

The 'logins' in FROM is not the same as 'Logins' in WHERE. And, PostgreSQL
does not validate all the relations in FROM to match up with what is used in
SELECT / WHERE, so this SQL call is accepted. Unless I use a hex editor on
the client binary (which isn't a bad idea), I was just suggesting that a
case insensitivity option on the PostgreSQL server and/or the ODBC client
would be choice. Or even if one exists now?

TIA!