Re: Front Ends

From: Richard Welty <rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Front Ends
Date: 2004-11-27 04:59:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:35:45 -0600 mstory(at)uchicago(dot)edu wrote:
> 1. is this architecture (relying heavily on dynamically created tables) sound
> enough to yield a production quality database?

i've seen this method used in _extremely large_ production databases, such
as the ones at my current contracting gig (at the firm which handles NYS
and much NYC tax processing on an outsourced basis.)

so yes, i'd say you can make this sort of stuff work well in production.

richard
--
Richard Welty rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net
Averill Park Networking 518-573-7592