Re: pg_dump of table including check rule fails to restore

From: "Lewis Foti" <lewis(dot)foti(at)mentation(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump of table including check rule fails to restore
Date: 2003-12-16 18:48:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Further to my original message I realise that the problem was due to the
text of the rule still referring to columns, src_section_id and
dst_section_id by their original names, parent_section_id and
child_section_id respectively. So the nature of the bug changes to that
pg_dump does not correctly export CHECK rules where the name of the
column(s) referred to has changed. Now IMHO that is somewhat subtle.

regards

Lewis