JDBC & geo objects

From: "elein" <elein(at)nextbus(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "elein" <elein(at)nextbus(dot)com>
Subject: JDBC & geo objects
Date: 2001-01-31 18:19:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm a Java novice and I would like to be able to
use JDBC to get Points and Paths into a Java
program as native Java objects. Note that the
binary form of Paths is more than a simple array.

I know how to do this in C, but getting the object
definition and reading the object into Java are
not in my scope.

Right now, the only thing I can thing of is to
write a java export routine for the objects and
figure out how to make JDBC push it along. I am
getting conflicting info about whether java can
read byte wads into object--I think it needs
to extract the pieces and assign the attributes
individually. But I may be talking in circles here.

Examples, help and advice are very welcome.

Thanks for your help,

elein

Elein Mustain
NextBus Information Services, Inc.