Privacy question regarding the "Geometry Viewer" feature in pgAdmin 4.

From: tutiluren(at)tutanota(dot)com
To: Pgadmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Privacy question regarding the "Geometry Viewer" feature in pgAdmin 4.
Date: 2020-02-23 06:02:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

While working in pgAdmin 4 today, I noticed this "Geometry Viewer" button for a geometry/geography column (it's a PostGIS thing), so I clicked it out of curiosity. It instantly showed a world map with all the coordinates in the table shown as little markers on it.

My question is: does this somehow send my coordinates to some online service? Please, please tell me such is not the case, and that it only fetches the map data into pgAdmin 4, where it locally puts the coordinates on the map? If it actually sends my coordinates, I have just accidentally revealed highly sensitive data which was never supposed to leave my computer...