Stored Procedures

From: "Kent Anderson" <kenta(at)ezyield(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-General(at)Postgresql(dot) Org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Stored Procedures
Date: 2004-09-21 11:41:31
Lists: pgsql-general

We are currently switching to stored procedures for a lot of our database
activity. The question has come up about the transactional nature of the
stored procedures. I was wondering if stored procedures can have
transactions in them or if you must start the transaction in your code and
call the stored procedure from there to get the safety of a transaction?

Thanks
Kent Anderson
EZYield.com
407-629-0900
www.ezyield.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company
that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If
you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.