Re: PITR WAL backups

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Mark Reidenbach" <m(dot)reidenbach(at)everytruckjob(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PITR WAL backups
Date: 2005-02-04 05:29:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

>Mark Reidenbach wrote

>The problem I'm having is that you need to
> backup this wal
> file before it's been archived to have a backup which is
> consistent

Not sure I agree. Can you explain some more?

Is it that you have a very low transaction rate and log files take a
long time to fill?

Please give a blow-by-blow time/event description, so we can understand
what the issue is and where the window of exposure is that you can see.

Best regards, Simon Riggs