Re: Schema backup

From: "Greg" <gh(at)san(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema backup
Date: 2003-10-01 02:15:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I also have troubles with pg_dump. I have a database called 'shipping' and
it has many tables(I populated them via a script). To dump the database I
did these steps:

su greg and then pg_dump > /tmp/greg.dmp. A file greg.dmp gets created but
it has nothing in it(0 bytes). Could you advise what was wrong, please?

Thanks in advance, Greg

""Claudio Lapidus"" <clapidus(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I need to transfer a database installation from one host to another. I
need
> to dump all users, databases, schemas, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
but