xx000:No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

From: "chuanying" <chuan(dot)ying(dot)yang(at)gridnode(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: xx000:No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Date: 2006-11-23 06:36:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've developed an application using Nhibernate with postgresql version
8.1.4. I have encountered an adhoc application shut down with the following
error message in postgresql/data/pg_log:

LOG: XX000: could not receive data from client: No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it.

May I know what are the possible causes which caused postgresql to throw
such error?

All helps are appreciated! Thanks!

regards,
ycy