Re: dump schema schema only?

From: "Rick Seeger" <rick(at)nettheory(dot)com>
To: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dump schema schema only?
Date: 2003-10-29 19:14:14
Lists: pgsql-general

You can use -t to specify a table:

% pg_dump -s database -t tablename

-Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org]On Behalf Of Patrick
Hatcher
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 12:57 PM
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [GENERAL] dump schema schema only?

I have a development server where I, well, do my development.
Occasionally,
I will create a new schema within an existing database that I would
like to
use on my production machine. I know that doing a pg_dump -s
<database>
> somefile.sql will dump the entire schema of the database, but is
there a
way to export only schema X from the database?

TIA
Patrick Hatcher

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to
majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)